Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Clutch hydraulics help

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Clutch hydraulics help
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 18:01:55 -0500
Yes, I have shortened the push rod on both sides.  What should the adjustment
be?  I have made sure that there is some free play  before the rod contacts
the piston.  When I look through the big hole I can see 1/2 of the raised part
of the piston .  That half is into the cylinder.  At that position I can place
a bit of wire into the little hole and have no resistance to it.

Lester

> On Nov 5, 2011 Gerard wrote:
>
> Lester,
>
> Are you using the shortened push rod on the clutch side? If so, I
> believe you have it adjusted incorrectly and it's not clearing the
> bypass port.
>
> Gerard
>
> On Nov 5, 2011, at 3:55 PM, Lester wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> so, last year I installed the go fast engine. Previous to last year I had
already installed a 5 speed conversion kit. After the install the clutch pedal
was like a light switch, on or off. Period. So this year I decided to go with
a 3/4" master cylinder conversion setup. I have the master and I have a
Riverside slave cylinder.

>> I have bench bled the master, I have bled and bled the slave, I have good
fluid throughout. I have verified that both passages above the cylinder are
clear by passing small bit of wire into small hole and visually with larger
hole.

>> The problem is this:
>>
>> If I push in on the master cylinder (Slave is at his pint hanging on the
outside of the car) slave cylinder piston will move outward. If I then release
the pedal the slave piston is pulled backward into the cylinder. It seems to
me that the fluid is moving in and out the clutch hydraulics but NOT being
replaced from the master reservoir.

Club, please send a blank email to:  bugeye-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> If you no longer want to receive emails, but wish to remain a member of the
group, you may go to the website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/ and
change your subscription to "Web Only" and you will not receive any emails.
> MARKETPLACE
> Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get
the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

> Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest  Unsubscribe  Terms of Use
> .

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive