Re: [Spridgets] Rebuilding master cylinder

To: <jwagaman1@comcast.net>, "Spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rebuilding master cylinder
From: "David Riker" <davriker@nwi.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:31:29 -0800
October of last year I replaced my master cylinder on my 1974 Midget.  My
local parts house is a Moss distributor, and so I purchased the Classic Gold
Brake master cylinder.  I was assured that, although made in China, the
master cylinders were a pet project of one of the Moss employees, and that
they were painstakingly reproduced to be exactly as original.  I was told
that any master cylinder that came back under warranty was being
disassembled to determine cause of failure, and improve future products,
yada...yada...yada.  The master  cylinder did in fact look exactly like the
original in every visible detail, and I can now say with authority that
after one year and less than 1000 miles, it leaks fluid EXACTLY the way the
original one did....

They have said I can return it for a new one, but seriously am thinking
about sending a very old core to be rebuilt instead.
David Riker