[Spridgets] Damp or cold driving stories (some LBC)

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Damp or cold driving stories (some LBC)
From: Allen Hefner <lbc77mg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:34:53 -0500
After hearing about Ron's second Thanksgiving (his good fortune during the
last few minutes in his Corvette), I thought we should try to get our bad
weather driving experiences out in the open.

I remember a winter road rally many years ago in Bucks County, PA.  I think
I was still driving my '63 Sunbeam Alpine at the time (WITH snow tires!).
There was a bad snowfall the night before the rally, but that never
deterred us.

We passed a line of three snowplows that were stuck, and then came upon a
Corvair (another rally car) who had an off into a snowbank.  There was
little other traffic that day.  The bottom of the 'vair was on top of the
snow so the tires had no grip.  We stopped a coupla other rally cars and
proceeded to pick up the 'vair and put it back on the road.

That rally will always be stuck in my memory, filed under "Good Times."

Glad you're OK, Ron.
Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA

*Current:*