[Spridgets] Baby Sprite puking cloth ribbon this morning : (

Subject: [Spridgets] Baby Sprite puking cloth ribbon this morning : (
From: grunthaner at gmail.com (Linda Grunthaner)
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 07:51:40 -0700
Update, baby Sprite's vet said to monitor puking and pooping. Call if
troubles arrive. Sprite ate breakfast and seems OK. I'll continue to
monitor.
Lin

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> List,
> So I guess this is LAC Little American Cat not LBC hahaha. Yesterday I saw
an 18" blue cloth ribbon I use for my hair on the carpet and placed it on the
chair. I got home after work and found small pieces of cat food puke in the
kitchen. At 8AM I heard baby Sprite puke and knew she was the cat who puked in
the afternoon. I saw ribbon dangling from her mouth and pulled it out. It was
that blue cloth ribbon. It was 5" long, and she puked again and that piece was
3" long and another time 1" long. She tried to puke again and nothing came out
therefore I suspect there is more in her belly. I have saved all pieces for
the vet when they open.

> The uneaten piece was not touched during the day as it was hidden under a
chair so she must have eaten it the previous night maybe the stomach acid
broke it down or her teeth made it smaller before swallowing. She is napping
right now which is very unusual for this active and sometime annoying (said in
a loving way) little Sprite kitty. I will wait till 9am for my vet to open and
have they administer puke solution and get her an Xray hoping all the ribbon
gets out before getting to her intestines.

> My parents had a cat Cuddles that ate a ribbon and it got to her intestines
we found her under a chair somewhat lethargic and a high fever. I don't recall
how they got the ribbon out perhaps passed in her poo. But she needed
antibiotics to survive. Cud made it so I hope Sprite will. Poor little kitty.
I'll get some new photos on SpriteSpot soon.