[Spridgets] Engine bay light show but...

Subject: [Spridgets] Engine bay light show but...
From: oldsaabguy at comcast.net (Lester)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 12:11:47 -0600
Ok, so last night after work I decided to drive the Bugeye about, went out and
fired her up.  Running a little rough so I got out to check carb piston
movement.  SPARKS!!!  I see sparks!!  From the choke cable housing!!  Now
we've all heard about forgetting the engine ground and getting this to happen
BUT..  my choke cable isn't connected to anything!  There is no choke to these
carbs (Gotta fix that real soon tho') so the cable just runs through the dash
and into the engine bay. It was touching the top of the wiper motor and an
non-descript par of the body.  And it was making sparks.

I'll pass on what I find but all that comes to mind is that there is a hot
wire touching the cable under the dash.

Lester