[Spridgets] Tranny and hardtop questions

Subject: [Spridgets] Tranny and hardtop questions
From: an5.sprite at gmail.com (Steven Guterman)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:56:59 -0500
Mark,

To replace the layshaft and bearings you need to remove the 1st and 3rd
motion shafts.  The gears that have the syncros, do not need to come off
the 3rd motion shaft. The entire shaft comes out the back after you remove
the tail housing.  If the gears slide beyond their normal limits you will
have 3 little ball bearings and springs flying around your shop. You should
also replace the little bearing between the 1st and 3rd motion shafts while
you have it apart as that could also be adding to the noise.

Steve