[Spridgets] Tap and Die Set

Subject: [Spridgets] Tap and Die Set
From: frog.aye at gmail.com (Hal Faulkner)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:14:55 -0800
5/16-24 IIRC.  Your local hardware store should have the appropriate die.
Best to find one in an old timey store that comes from Hanson or another
manufacturer.  The ones in modern packaging (shrink wrap and cardboard to
hang on pegboard) are most likely from you-know-where, so check for COOL
(Country Of Origin Labeling.)  Even if they say Vermont American on them....
While you are at it, check the bushing and the return spring holes in the
pedals, per previous threads.
Might be time to rebuild the MC while you have the pedals out.  If you're
doing that you should take care of slave cylinders.  If your brake hoses
are over two years old they should be replaced, come to think of it those
50 year old brake lines are getting a bit dodgy....

Hal