Re: [Spridgets] Short Supply of 1275s?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Short Supply of 1275s?
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 15:28:19 -0500
I don't know when they were made last but it seems that each day that goes by
gets us closer to when parts are unavailable.  I have a 1275 that I either need
to bore and replace the pistons, or buy a new block with new std. pistons.  I
occasionally see parts for sale on ebay but nothing recently.  I was bidding on
a set of oversize pistons but I underestimated the value and someone else
wanted them a lot more than I did.

The way older cars are shredded and recycled, I think collectors of all types
of cars are having to face this same future.

> According to online magazine "Classic, Performance & Retro", Austin Allegra
> owners club says Allegra owners should beware who is buying their cars.  It
> looks like the supply of 1275 engines has dried up in the UK.  Mini owners are
> buying up restorable Austin Allegra cars just for the 1275.  Of course this is
> not what is happening to the version of 1275 we use, but could we someday see
> the same kind of "shortage"?

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive