[Spridgets] Thanks!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Thanks!
From: Kim Tonry <kgrowler@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:36:39 -0600
Thanks to the listers who offered suggestions on plugging the exhaust
manifold opening where the air pump pipe used to go in my '79 Midget. The
piece that worked was from the suggestion Rich Ball sent that referred to a
Spitfire/GT6 magazine web page that listed alternate parts. What worked was
a 1930 Ford Model A oil pan plug that has the same 3/4"-24 threads. NAPA
didn't have the plug, which surprised me, so I ordered one from a Model A
parts business in Georgia I found on the web. Had a little trouble reaching
around and getting it threaded in, but eventually was successful. A bit
unusual to be out in my unheated garage working on the 29th of December,
but it was great to be able to take advantage of a 480 day. I'd be out
driving it now instead of typing this, but we had freezing drizzle
overnight and the roads were salted again.

Thanks to all and Have A Happy New Year!

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, U.S.A.

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html