[Spridgets] Important reminder

Subject: [Spridgets] Important reminder
From: abcoz at hky.com (Bud Osbourne)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 12:13:09 -0500
Happy New Year to all Sprigeteers!

I've been in "lurk" mode, for the past several months, due to too many irons
in the fire.

I wanted to post a reminder to all of you to mark your calendars for July 14
thru 22, 2012 and come to the 30th Anniversary Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
(www.pvgp.org) .  MG has been named Marque of the Year, which is a huge
honor.  We (PVGP and the Greater Pittsburgh MG Club) have hard at work in
preparation for the large number of out of town MG folks expected to attend.
Besides great vintage racing, on both weekends, there will be a special
Marque of the Year display/car show on 7/21, on the Schenley Park Golf
Course immediately adjacent to the race course.  We'll be situated cheek by
jowl with the British Car Day display, so Sprites will be right in there at
the heart of the activities.

In addition to car shows (over 2,000 classic cars of every description will
be displayed throughout Schenley Park of 7/21) and vintage racing, there
will be cocktail parties, a Laurel Highlands driving tour, a special
drive-in movie event for MG folks, invitational car displays in downtown
(dahntahn) Pittsburgh and Shadyside, as well as a race car parade &
reception in Squirrel Hill.  A host hotel has been selected, for MG folks,
with details (including a clickable link for making reservations on-line)
appearing on the Marque of the Year page of the PVGP website (www.pvgp.org)
a few days from now.

This will be a great party and a world class event (and I'm far from the
first one to call it that), in celebration of vintage sports car racing,
vintage cars of all types and MG in particular.

Hope to see a big contingent of Spridgets there!

Bud Osbourne