[Spridgets] Bugeye / Midget conversion parts

Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye / Midget conversion parts
From: cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com (CosmicMag1380)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 13:32:56 -0500
You don't say what year the Midget is. If it is a late model, the
springs are stiffer and have a little more support. That means that
the car may sit up higher than before if you switch them.
Additionally, it will handle a tad better since the springs are
stiffer. There were 4 (or more) different stiffnesses (compression
load ratings) through the years with the lightest being the Bugeyes.
The 1500 Midgets had the stiffest springs due to all the weight in the
front!

As to the rear axles, if your Middget is a 1275 or 1500 model, the
axles are stronger than the Bugeye axles. Definately swap them while
you have if apart. Check the spline closely for torque twist. If it is
present use a different axle. Also, put used axles on the same side
that they came from, eg: passenger to passenger and driver to driver
sides!

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye