[Spridgets] New exhaust system

Subject: [Spridgets] New exhaust system
From: eap2140 at yahoo.com (Edward Perez)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:14:47 -0800 (PST)
My exhaust finally gave out.  Wore a hole in it from scraping on the ground
all these years.  It's the last thing that really needs some attention (yeah,
right).  I was looking at some of the kits that they sell on-line, then
realized that they probably won't work for my setup (1275 in a RB car with
exhaust on the driver side).  I called a local muffler shop that will custom
bend the pipe and install a nice performance muffler for around $325.  The
question I have is do I want to go over the axle?  I've seen some very sweet
setups that go over the axle and could not recall the pros and cons.  I just
know that because my car sits so low, it's gonna scrape at the point under the
axle.  Any pearls of wisdom?  What diameter would suit my setup?  I have it
bored .030 over and have a mild cam in it (Kent 286).

Edward Perez
Summerville, SC
78 Midget (1275)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lbc_newbie/