Re: [Spridgets] Plastic Headlight Restoration

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Plastic Headlight Restoration
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:10:19 -0600
Yes, but what works on some things might degrade or even ruin the
transparency of clear plastic.  You can sand/polish plastic many
times.  Depending on what spray coating you use it may or may not
affect the longevity of the headlight.  My friend with the body shop
has access to all manner of coatings and I feel if there was some
coating that was good for headlights then he would use it.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net> wrote:
>> He does not recommend spraying them with clear coat.
>

> There are UV blockers that are not really clear coats, more like a liquid
> film. These are used routinely on fiberglass canoes and wetsuits.

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive