Re: [Spridgets] 30/206 On Way to UK

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 30/206 On Way to UK
From: Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:48:08 -0600
Norm,

I for one will miss you on this list.  You got me itching for a Turner
and everytime I see one at Road America or for sale, I think what would
Norm think of that one?

Good luck with the 9-1-1.  Let us know what you're up to now and again
and in those long winter months when the Porsche people are quiet, you
know you will always find
relevant and expert conversation here ;-) .

Warmest regards,

Dave W.
59 :{)
Burlington WI

On 2/17/2012 8:25 AM, Norm wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I've been a member of this Digest for about 10 years during which I owned
> and raced a 1959 Turner Mk1 powered by a 948&  built with BE suspension.
> You guys and gals have been a great help with advice and parts as I was
> upgrading it from the "Race-ready" condition (NOT!!!) in which it was when
> sold to me by the Connecticut dealer.  My great appreciation and thanks to
> you all for that.
>
> Now that chapter of my automotive life has ended.  Two days ago I delivered
> 30/206, 2 spare engines and 14 boxes of parts to a Consolidator in Miami for
> its passage to the new owner in the UK.  He's a racer with other British
> cars in his garage.  He'll likely be in contact in the future.  Meanwhile,
> I'm signing off as I search for the "right" 911 to replace the Turner.
> However, I doubt that the Porsche people will be as good as y'all,
> especially those like our late friend Frank Clarici, and my late Turner
> friend Steve Agins.  They will both be in my thoughts and prayers forever.
>
> Keep the outreach and support going folks.  You're a great bunch.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Norm Sippel

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html