[Spridgets] OT... Kinda eBay issue

Subject: [Spridgets] OT... Kinda eBay issue
From: peter at nosimport.com (Peter Caldwell)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:38:35 -0600
Had a Goodyear hose for a Hyundai listed (among several hundred other
hoses and parts that fit cars with names) This is the message from
<http://www.ebay.com>eBay.

250757658721 - Goodyear 61636 Upper Radiator Hose Sonata

The listing was removed because it violated <http://www.ebay.com>eBay policy.
The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the
rights owner, Hyundai Motor America, notified
<http://www.ebay.com>eBay that this listing violates intellectual
property rights. When <http://www.ebay.com>eBay receives a report of
this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Your item was removed because of a request we received from Hyundai
Motor America, a member of our Verified Rights Owner Program (VeRO),
asking us to remove the item for:

- Listing(s) contains unlawful comparison to trademark owner's brand name.

If you have additional questions or concerns on why your item was
removed, please contact Hyundai Motor America directly at:

<mailto:enforce at mm-hyundai.com>enforce at mm-hyundai.com

Please allow 7 days for Hyundai Motor America to reply to you.

All listing fees associated with the removed item(s) have been
credited back to your account.

Your listing was reported for using a brand name without the right's
owner's permission.

It's against the law to use someone else's trademark -- the unique
sign, name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol used to identify a product
or service -- without their okay. It can also confuse buyers about
the source of your item or your relationship with the trademark owner.

You can use a company's brand name or logo in your listing
description only if the item you're selling was made or authorized by
that company.

Wow.... guess I have to ask MG and Triumph and Borgward and LLoyd....
this could dampen <http://www.motors.ebay.com/>eBay motors a bit.

Peter C