[Spridgets] [Healeys] Grand Prix - The Killer Years - On Velocity Channe

Subject: [Spridgets] [Healeys] Grand Prix - The Killer Years - On Velocity Channel
From: healeyrick at yahoo.com (HealeyRick)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 14:45:42 -0800 (PST)
     I'm very gratified that my recommendation for this show has been so well
received.  I know there are some inaccuracies with the program, but the
interviews with the drivers and wives are just exceptional.  And,
unfortunately, it IS all about the money.  People have made fortunes on the
desire of F1 drivers to win a GP championship.  Take a look at Petra
Ecclestone's house, built on the willingness of F1 drivers to make the
ultimate
sacrifice:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2027735/Petra-Eccles
tone-strips-Candy-Spelling-85m-house-old-fashioned-decor.html  Unfortunately,
driver safety still gives way to making a profit.  Look at the 2005 USGP at
Indy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_United_States_Grand_Prix
    F1 in the 50s-early '70s was what Hemingway and Ken Purdy rightly called a
"blood sport,"  You could easily die in the pursuit of fame.  I remember
seeing Bandini die in flames on Wide World of Sports.  Completely incompetent
marshals failed to do anything while he perished.
    Racing is just so much safer, now.  Doesn't mean you won't die doing it.
Just that you have a better chance of survival.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo