[Spridgets] soft top renu

Subject: [Spridgets] soft top renu
From: edwd at ti.com (Fisher, Ed)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:22:43 +0000
Rick:

I use 303 products, a lot.  I use the convertible top cleaner and the
protectant on all of my convertibles (3).  However, the most glowing
recommendation and cleanest data that I have is regarding the canvas awnings
on my home.  Texas sun and breezes (50+mph) can really degrade the canvas
quite quickly.  The flapping of the winds is brutal, even on the tightest
awnings.  BTW, I voted for aluminum awnings but my vote doesn't count as much
on the house as in the garage.  Anyway, I was averaging ~5-6 years from an
awning before discovering 303 products.  I am now at 11+ years and while there
are some small holes the threads aren't rotting and tearing, which of course
meant canvas across the yard.  Truly impressive.  On the convertible tops, I
find that the water beads nicely and with a simple rinse the top can usually
be cleaned sans soap.  Only once every 4-5 washes do I use the soap on the
roof and that is an extremely dilute formulation, as in 1 capful of Car Wash
liquid (I think Meguires) to about 4 gallons of water.  The cars wash
perfectly and my wax jobs last nicely too.  It is a misnomer to believe that
more suds mean more cleaning power.  The surfactants in the wash and a little
elbow grease produces a nice 'sheeting' action when rinsing.  Not that you
asked, but I use Meguire's Tech wax on the paint which goes on very easily, so
thin you almost cannot see it, and comes off readily.  Truly a fine product.
I have no financial interest in either 303 or Meguires, I just have had great
luck with them both.

Hope this helps,

Ed Fisher
Dallas, Tx