[Spridgets] Ribcase noises

Subject: [Spridgets] Ribcase noises
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:40:43 -0700
My 59 came to me with a smooth case which I later changed out to a rib.  It
had a sound in first (the smooth case) that sounded like the sound you hear
when you are going up the initial incline in a roller coaster . .
consistent heavy click that increased with speed.  First gear was missing a
tooth or two.  I drove it like this for about a year or so before I got a
rib case to replace it with.  But with the smooth case you can drive the
car like a three speed, starting out in second no problem.