[Spridgets] Blatant Political Post

Subject: [Spridgets] Blatant Political Post
From: thcollin at mtu.edu (Tim Collins)
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 21:50:55 -0400
To the folks on the other side of the pond in the (LBC) homeland. We
feel your pain, we're mad, and not going to take it any longer.

I speak of the Pasty tax.

This from The Daily Mining Gazette newspaper today.
<http://www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/524950/Petitioners-protest-pasty-tax.html?nav=5006>http://www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/524950/Petitioners-protest-pasty-tax.html?nav=5006

or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/86sjs2v

The story reads in part. . .

CALUMET - As they did in the 18th century, Americans are rising up to
protest what they view as oppressive and unfair British taxation.

The difference is, now it's in solidarity with the British.

The Keweenaw Kernewek, a local group for people of Cornish descent,
is gathering signatures in opposition to a recently enacted 20
percent tax on takeout snacks. That includes the pasty, the meat pie
brought over to the Upper Peninsula by Cornish miners and since
designated as Michigan's state food.

Read the story to learn what happens next.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006 at N07/sets/