[Spridgets] Tires, fitment and extraneous stuff

Subject: [Spridgets] Tires, fitment and extraneous stuff
From: haynes386 at netzero.net (Mark Haynes)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:44:00 GMT
Firstoff, the Sumitomo HTR200 175/70-13s stink on my MKII, they just don't
have the grip that I'm used to in the BE-it slides around instead of following
the steering input in the curves. I have a line on a couple of sets of new (as
in manufactured and delivered to me) Toyo Proxes RA1s in 185/70-13 size I'm
running 5" rims that leave a 1/2" total clearance with the 175s. I think they
should fit OK, anyone have any experience with this fitup? The MKII has offset
springs in the rear to help with clearance, BTW.

The MKII has great power, but starting up on a hill it's a real dog-It's
running a 948 +.020 flattops, 2A948 hot road cam, adjustable timing gear set
to 105* full intake lift, 12G295 head ported per DV, milled to give 10:1 CR,
Rimflow valves, aluminum flywheel, and a 1275 clutch. I'm thinking that I may
have the timing retarded too far, but at 7500' elevation, I'm not surprised
that it doesn't have too much pickup. The only other thing I'm thinking is the
dizzy advance curve. Any thoughts?

Extraneous stuff- Some of you know my daughter, Tamara, Her robotics team just
came back from the Colorado Regional of FIRST in Third Place- They aren't
going to Kansas City, but its the best the team has ever done. Her alliance
was the only one to do, or attempt, a triple balance-getting three robots to
balance on a teeter-totter bridge at once, and they did it twice in
competition!
Tam will be going to Iowa State Engineering School in the fall.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016