[Spridgets] Value of an EN40 crank?

Subject: [Spridgets] Value of an EN40 crank?
From: soavero at yahoo.com (soavero at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 21:49:45 -0500
I think it is a good market price, but i personally wouldn't do it if it is
for your race motor. The only crankshaft I have ever had a problem with was an
EN40, snapped right in half.  I have a guy who does cranks for Roush racing
who prefers the standard (EN 17? 16? Or is that axles? Wow...I forget...).
Anyway, get one from old grey norm on eBay, send it to my friend (I can hook
you up).  He took 4.5 pounds off mine, looks like a work of art and was the
single biggest difference I felt in the acceleration of the motor. $350 or so.
I see no reason why this would not benefit a street motor as well (he did the
one i have for Billy Zoom's big journal 1098 crank and it looks beautiful  as
well. I have the same bearings in that race motor for nearly 3 seasons now,
which is unheard of. I used to run that motor to 8000 RPM until I ran it on a
dyno and saw all it made over 7200 was noise....
Ron

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/soavero at yahoo.com