Re: [Spridgets] Projects update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Projects update
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:04:42 GMT
Full-name: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
This was my thinking when I put the WC panhard rod on the MKII, since I was
intending on racing it, and didn't want to flare the rears too much (vintage
rules and all that).
What I've found (in my limited use so far) is that it does reduce the sway
side to side of the rear axle which translates into a reduced oversteer. That
being said, I also have a stock front swaybar and offset rear springs on the
MKII as well.
The upshot is that it has a much more neutral feel on entry, with the same
type of cornering speed and similar handling. It does, however FEEL like it
reaches the limit earlier than the BE, but I have no data to corroborate
that.
Wheel spacers are next on the MKII to balance the fender clearances, then a
new layshaft and bearings and its all cool.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016

I had to look up what Daniel was talking about...
http://www.sealsit.com/rodend.asp

I'm thinking a panhard rod on the Bugeye would be a good idea.
Not only for the improved handling but it might reduce the wear and tear on
the 1/4 elliptic springs by reducing the side swaying.

Woman is 53 But Looks 25

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive