Re: [Spridgets] non LBC Subaru Outback Info

To: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] non LBC Subaru Outback Info
From: Edward Perez <eap2140@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 13:14:01 -0800 (PST)
I would ditto the sentiments against the Outback.  I bought one showroom new
and had the head gasket blow at 32k miles.  The dealer said the recall only
covers "exterior leakage."  Mine was "interior," meaning it leaked into the
cylinders and block.  I guess external means it just blows the water out of
the head.  Dunno.   It was a load of crap.  They actually cut the repair bill
in half ( to a little over $800), replaced the timing belt and head gasket.
Shortly thereafter, it developed a leak in the rear cargo area and it began to
mold.  Again, the dealer wouldn't do a thing.  "Must be a clogged gutter.."
Drove the car to the dealership and traded up for and Audi A6 wagon.  Much
better!!  Tell the to spend the extra $$ and get a good used Audi A6.  I loved
driving mine in the NW.

Edward Perez
Summerville, SC
78 Midget (1275)