[Spridgets] PC trouble - Gigabyte H77N motherboard - No LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] PC trouble - Gigabyte H77N motherboard - No LBC
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:32:38 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: WeslakeMonza1330
Hi list,

Just purchased a new motherboard and case to for my wife to replace the
board she managed to kill (on the video) and a new case as the old one was
ancient and not very well ventilated (linked to board death).  Also  installed
W7 on it.

I've had better installs (board had a bios I'd never seen before) and once
I'd managed to get of XP from the hard drive and complete the W7
installation  everything was ok.

Of course the board needs the board specific graphic driver, sound driver
(I guess) and eventually wi-fi install.

After the first install everything the PC failed to re-boot and showed a
blue screen of death.  After a few more re-boots I gave and up reinstalled
W7.  Everything now ok and no problem with several cold re-boots.  I  then
only installed 3 or 4 of the motherboard software  drivers/applications.  PC
then failed to reboot, BSOD etc.

Reinstalled W7 and PC boots up ok so I'm confident something on the
motherboard software is the issue.  I've googled the board name and not  found
any
reported software faults so welcome any advice - such as how to get a
better video driver by itself etc etc.

Weslake-Monza 1330

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive