Re: [Spridgets] ACD Museum

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] ACD Museum
From: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 15:22:46 -0800
  I went there about 18-20 years ago, I was sent to South Bend for 2
weeks and on the weekend I was bored and drove up to the ACD, I really
loved it but I had not planned on going there so  I got there near
closing time, luckily they let me be the last out of the building so I
got about an hour to look around.  I was really impressed, especially
with the full size (or was it 3/4 size?) clay model and all the offices
showing how they worked, etc. I hope that is still there and did not get
removed to add more cars.

   Then by pure luck a month later I was sent back to South Bend, this
time I planned on being at the ACD at opening time on Saturday AND I was
still there at closing time!  One of the curators came by mid-afternoon
and asked me how I was doing because he had noticed I had been there all
day, I ended up with a tour of non-public areas and saw some of their
stuff that they don't exhibit, I really loved it.  GREAT auto museum and
one that should be on everyones bucket list.

     mike

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive