Re: [Spridgets] Coolant Leak I think I found it!

To: "Philip Nase" <nases@verizon.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Coolant Leak I think I found it!
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 13:05:54 -0500 a=TKXXRjMxghoA:10 a=zZKT3jqqOw0A:10 a=IkcTkHD0fZMA:10 a=V6f-GIhDAAAA:8 a=kW6sOx4_6lsA:10 a=o1OHuDzbAAAA:8 a=y5aQWw3LtH_6fWT9uwIA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=ILCZio5HsAgA:10 a=V6RE5z5OoxD22U2SZb2tBg==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0
I pulled the radiator and I think I have found it.  With the radiator out of
the car and the hoses off the engine and on the bench it is still dripping
!!

It looks like the brake line that runs under the radiator has a push in
retainer that has two sharp points that may just touch the lower hose.  It
looks like the retainer scratched the hose and caused a small leak that must
have leaked into the sealed front frame cross member.   It's been about an
hour and it is still dripping, I am about to try to pump some air in to the
channel and see if I can blow it out.   I dug into my spares box and found a
new hose but it seems a little small.  Was the hose for a 1275 downflow
radiator bigger than the original 948 hose?  I will go see if I can find
that they have different part numbers.

Mark
Nashville