Re: [Spridgets] Brake issue on my LJC (Honda Accord)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brake issue on my LJC (Honda Accord)
From: Greg Gowins <cartman@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 12:37:52 -0500
Got it figured out.  Nothing to do with ABS or hydraulics.  The nylon in
the self locking nut on the passenger side radius arm gave out, and the nut
backed itself out.  This allowed that side to move to the back under hard
braking, and thus pulled the car to the right.  You couldn't really tell
anything was wrong with the car sitting there.  It wasn't until I tried to
move things around with a pry bar to simulate load that the issue showed
its face.  Oh well, $1.49 later for a couple of new nylock nuts and some
Loctite for extra protection, and the car now brakes in a straight line
under a panic stop with no wheel lockup.

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite (and '97 Accord Coupe)
Driftwood, TX

spridgets@autox.team.net