Re: [Spridgets] Horn contact question, 62 Sprite "Pinky".

To: "'Michael Rowe'" <mdrowe@optonline.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Horn contact question, 62 Sprite "Pinky".
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:59:27 -0400
Thread-index: Ac5qJSSO5xZ6saSiS8CTp3R75UTTKABl3EGQ s=q20121106; t=1371517179; bh=TtRf0jOrhGiJAVtnaNF1EEUIBI37uAnKXsHVKsgv9CQ=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=crZ3pNMzuNQBEd9CZ5e6rgQCukUsyJr0w7aEhFFHhALhALmqm+0eLS7S2G7vqgvMN NgHG728qBahY/WYqioyF/Cj6+qHi5UkS1CmxHNcHqxe2IiWUMKB51HpXYPuusrc9Pv KmFS4eYW6pzCd5MWX1ovQxLw4xtNkJ1K5s5RsOkw57J+Vy+Kj4OPM/McEE4TmLmoPX L5Gf9F8wDGuVOA4SEoEnfP+nstJNUaP07bbEj8Wq4lNVVibBWYzeM+gcvgKJNZsBzf a40FZgmFFzE6Rcz/sehrxFy0Jt4VfPSgZMBXvrhScyfxUwh7CvgoXQXFS5ot+f3sjq tRbTYs4Sy3PqQ==
>When you press the horn button, the circuit is completed  and the horn
>makes an anemic sound resembling a strangling frog.

Or you can put your original horn safely away (as they are quite rare)
and intall one of these...

http://dx.com/p/auto-parts-car-electric-horn-speaker-black-12v-90963

http://dx.com/p/72w-car-speakers-pair-12v-117148

I'm using the first one and it has a nice "Herby" kind of sound that is
much louder and safer than the original horn.  As I recall I only had to
cut the bracket and then drill the two holes like original horn bracket.

It's about the same size as the original bugeye horn.  No relay required,
just hooked it up directly.

The second ones look even closer to the original bugeye horn, but I have
no experience with them.  You have to get two of them!  One for you and one
for a spridget friend.  You'll have to cut and drill the bracket on these
too.

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive