Re: [Spridgets] The transmission WORKS!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The transmission WORKS!
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 19:06:37 GMT
Full-name: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.com>
Just for reference, are the cones the tapered parts that mate into the baulk
rings when shifting and actually slow the gear to help engagement? If so, How
do the ribcase cones get attached? mine were in not-so-good shape, but lacking
experience, I reused them and the gears they were on.
BTW, If anyone does do a ribcase, be sure to clean the Reverse/1-2 detent hole
out, I've got a bit of a glitch sometimes, and I think its due to grit in
there keeping the 'pill' from moving easily.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:37:21 -0700
From: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>

Great news Mark, congrats!

Dave, the smooth case requires the the gear synchronizing cones to be shrunk
on. This is typically done in a heated oil bath (250F) and both inside and
outside surfaces need to be machined rather precisely before and after
assembly. I rebuilt one of these in the late 60's, but parts were easy to get
and finding a shop to do the work was easy and reasonable.  If you had all
the
parts ready to go, it's no more difficult to rebuild than a ribcase, it's all
that comes before that's the obstacle.

Gerard
30-second trick for a flat belly
This daily 30-second trick BOOSTS your body&#39;s #1 fat-burning hormone

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive