Re: [Spridgets] Rear Spring Question

To: "'David Ambrose'" <stargazer1@cox.net>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rear Spring Question
From: "Paul Herder" <george.brokaw@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:59:03 -0500
Okay, use this URL...

http://tinyurl.com/luu5xpy

-----Original Message-----

Dave,

You might want to read this thread:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?91725-Over-arched-Moss-Mot
ors-leaf-springs-for-Sprite-MkIII

Paul Herder

-----Original Message-----
Subject: [Spridgets] Rear Spring Question

Our 1970 Midget has been sagging in the back. So, I ordered new standard
springs from Moss. The front springs are the standard height, not lowered,
and only a few years old. Just got the first spring in yesterday, and it has
a lot of curvature relative to the old one. That doesn't surprise me, but it
looks like installing the spring is going to give us the converse problem;
rear end sticking way in the air. I see they carry rears that have been
lowered one and two inches. They also carry a distinct spring for the 1500,
which I presume is the rubber bumper version.

Am I getting set to install the correct spring, or should I consider one of
the lowered springs?

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

spridgets@autox.team.net