Re: [Spridgets] Is it a problem?

To: "'Bill L'" <pythias@pacifier.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Is it a problem?
From: "Jim Seippel" <aseippel@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:10:44 -0500
The impulses to the tach come from the low tension lead between the coil and
the distributor. That wire actually runs from the coil through a loop at the
tach back to the distributor. The tach takes the fluctuations in the field
created at the loop and converts that to rpms. It is likely that is the
cause of the problem. Either that or the tach is failing.  :-) - Jim