Re: [Spridgets] Prop Rod location?

To: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Prop Rod location?
From: Tncarnut1 <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:30:47 -0400
Peter, Been working on getting an unmolested '69 back on the road with a
friend. (black plate California car that's been sitting for 25+ years) Rod is
on the passenger side. Sure opens awfully low compared to my 71 with the
telescoping prop rail thingy.

>From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com> wrote:

The hood/bonnet on my newly acquired 63 Midget has the prop rod on
the LEFT side of the car.B  To the best of my recollection, all of my
previous cars had it on the Right side.

To make the switch would require a different fender/wing and a
different hood/bonnet as both have the attaching pieces welded on.
There IS a part number change for the hood/bonnet early on.B  Is that why?

So, perhaps a poll?B  On early square body (sorry Jay) cars with the
prop rod, is yours on the left or right?B  (sounds like a tailor's question)

It IS inconvenient to have it on the left, as when you open the
hood/bonnet, and swing the rod out, it invariably gets all caught up
in the throttle and choke cables.B  I'm sure that's why they moved it.

B  So, let's hear the refrainB  "According to Horler..........."

Thanks for your time.

Peter C

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive