[Spridgets] Ribcase (again) question

To: peter@nosimport.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Ribcase (again) question
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:20:04 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Full-name: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Here we go again! I rebuilt the ribcase in my MKII earlier this year, then
ripped a spring out of the clutch plate that jammed into the pressure plate,
fixed that, then lost all of my oil due to a bolt backing out on the oil
filter housing extension, fixed THAT, just finished putting a MKIV wiper motor
and system in, and it wouldn't start, FIXED THAT, went to go for a drive, and
NOW it won't go into any gear. The shift lever will move out to the reverse
detent just fine, but it moves both fore AND aft when in reverse location, and
it will not move fore and aft (i.e. into any gear) in any other shift
position.
I'm thinking (I know that's dangerous, that's how I got here) I may not have
gotten the lock bolt into the dimple on the reverse selector shaft so the
shaft is somewhere in between, and the selector itself is just riding around
disengaged from the selector shaft.
Thoughts? It was working fine when I brought it back after the oil dump (BTW,
yes I saw the OP drop and shut it down before it got hurt). any help would be
appreciated

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977