[Spridgets] Metal contact sound through trans tunnel

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Metal contact sound through trans tunnel
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:37:46 GMT
Full-name: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
As some of you may remember, I lost the first gear in the ribcase on the MKII
just before Elkhart Lake. I bought a used one and had to rebuild that one as
well (Thanks to Gerard, Ed and Peter C that is). Now the trans shifts super
smooth (all new internal wear parts), but after the trans wams up, I get what
sounds and feels like a metal on metal contact that comes and goes under load
ONLY in third and fourth.I've looked down the tunnel, and there's nothing
within 2" of the tunnel itself (kind of thought that it might be the zerc). So
there's nothing near the tunnel to make contact, the only other thing that I
can think of is the starter (Isuzu GR type) which sits very close to the
passenger's foot well. but why just in 3 and 4, when I push everything harder
in 1 & 2?BTW, all mounts are new, all mounts are tightly bolted down.Open to
any suggestions, it runs very well, except for this which just makes me think
I'm going to damage something (Again) when it occurs.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
SafeAuto Car Insurance
Get a car insurance quote in 3 steps & pay only state minimum coverage
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/539f39c54ea8439c57e21st01duc

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive