Re: [Spridgets] FW: New Mini Cooper

To: Dean Swanson <d.swanson@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] FW: New Mini Cooper
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 12:42:05 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
By the way . .  here comes a subject change.  I still cannot get over
driving a Vauxhall in England driving just over 600 miles burning off *less*
than a quarter of a tank of gas.  The same size engine from Sacramento to
San Diego would have seen me filling the tank just after half way through
the trip (I have made that trip many times).

Whatever the imperial measurement difference is, it is not enough to
convince me that this car was getting the same mileage we get in cars
shipped to America.  There have been others who have experienced the same
thing.  With a Volkswagen the guy tried to buy the same car when he got
back to the states.  He was told, "We can sell you that car, but not with
the same engine."

What is the benefit of direct injection?  Does it increase power, economy?

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive