Re: [Spridgets] Wiring Question

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Wiring Question
From: GUY DAY <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 00:17:37 +0100
Hi Kirk,

You should have 3 wires at the headlight, Lord Lucas dictated the
colours were:-
Black - Ground
Blue and white trace - Main/Hi beam headlight
Blue with red trace  - Dipped/low beam headlight

If the two blue and trace
colours let the headlights light there is a problem as only one at a time
should complete the circuit.

There is also confusion about which terminal at
the back of the bulb is the ground.  With the three terminals towards you and
the middle one at the top horizontal the left hand vertical terminal is the
ground, the horizontal is the dipped beam and the right vertical is the Hi or
main beam.
Rear of bulb facing you....
         Dipped/ low beam

 ___
ground |                | Main /hi beam

You could try to scan the wiring
diagram you have into a computer and then you can look at the wiring more or
less any size you want.  When brother-in-law was playing with a TR3 I did this
and printed it out on 2 sheets of A3 paper.  He stuck these on his garage
wall, they were quite clear!  If you have a Google search for 'MG Midget
wiring diagram' and go onto the Images section you'll find a couple there.
Hope it helps

Guy R Day