Re: [Spridgets] MKIII Midget front wheel bearings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] MKIII Midget front wheel bearings
From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 20:25:37 -0500
--===============6512964315667939779==
 boundary="------------040207050403080307090500"

--------------040207050403080307090500

One of the things I just learned from a trusted mechanic after replacing
front and rear bearings many times over the years was this.

When pushing the bearing/hub assembly onto the axle, use a drift against
the outer race of the bearing. If you push or pound on the hub, you take
the chance of the bearing disengaging from the hub. The result is the
hub sits firmly against the backing plate, but the bearing stands proud
of the hub just a bit. I also use an old outer race to tap on so it
exerts pressure equally around the new outer race so the bearing does
not cock as you try to press it home.

Bob

On 2/7/2015 7:14 PM, bmwwxman . via Spridgets wrote:
> Any tips or tricks to replacing front wheel bearings on my MKIII Midget??
>
> --
> Cheers!!
> Jim Johnson
> High Plains Youth Hockey <http://www.highplainsyouthhockey.org>
> Dodge City Trail of Fame <http://www.DodgeCityTrailofFame.org>
> Electronic Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology <http://www.EJSSM.org>
>
> _"*Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way
> that they look forward to the trip."*_
> *Winston Churchill*
>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/raspruck@gmail.com

--------------040207050403080307090500

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
        from a trusted mechanic after replacing front and rear bearings
    When pushing the bearing/hub assembly onto the axle, use a drift
    against the outer race of the bearing. If you push or pound on the
    hub, you take the chance of the bearing disengaging from the hub.
    The result is the hub sits firmly against the backing plate, but the
    bearing stands proud of the hub just a bit. I also use an old outer
    race to tap on so it exerts pressure equally around the new outer
    race so the bearing does not cock as you try to press it home.<br>
    Bob<br>
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAJgjnupvZaMQVAtREjmOwAAZ0wM3LOtHa140RSiQabAsfn3_PA@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        bearings on my MKIII Midget??
          -- <br>
              Jim Johnson<br>
              <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.highplainsyouthhockey.org";
                target="_blank">High Plains Youth Hockey</a><br>
              <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.DodgeCityTrailofFame.org";
                target="_blank">Dodge City Trail of Fame </a><br>
              <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.EJSSM.org";
                target="_blank">Electronic Journal of Severe Storms
                Meteorology</a><br>
                  face="arial"><font color="#000000" face="Arial"><font
                      style="background-color:transparent"
                      color="#000000" face="Arial"><font color="#000000"
                        face="Arial">
                                to tell someone to go to hell in such a
                                way that they look forward to the

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>

--===============6512964315667939779==--