Re: [Spridgets] Drilling holes in a Bugeye

To: Bob Spruck <raspruck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Drilling holes in a Bugeye
From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:37:53 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--001a1140f5d2c84bac051415985f

Hi Bob,
Did you get your answer? I think you need to put tape on the top side and
use a drill punch prior to drilling. Lets let the group confirm before you
try it. What do you think of that tonneau cover from that guy?
Lin

62 Sprite Deep Pink from California

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--001a1140f5d2c84bac051415985f

ut tape on the top side and use a drill punch prior to drilling. Lets let t=
he group confirm before you try it. What do you think of that tonneau cover=
 via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
        long punch list on my new Bugeye, I am at the point of needing
        the phenomenal insight, experience, and helpfulness exhibited by
        members of this List. So, this is the first of what will
        probably be a lot of questions. My main concern is to not screw
        up and do something that I think will work, if you all know that
        it won&#39;t and have a better way. Here goes.<br>
        The car came with a Healey hardtop and a set of side curtains.
        The Healey hardtop is about 2&quot; taller than the BMC one. The
        Healey top requires bespoke side curtains while the standard
        side curtains fit the standard soft top and the BMC hardtop. My
        plan was to install a tonneau for the good seven months of
        weather here in GA and then use the hardtop and side curtains
        for the winter and not get a soft top and frame. Now I go to
        plan &quot;B&quot;. If I can&#39;t find a set of Healey side curtai=
ns I may
        have to go to a frame and soft top for the winter. Anybody have
        any input on acquiring side curtains for a Healey hardtop?<br>
        Anyway, I bought a Robbins tonneau (the long variety) from
        Bugeyeguy.com. Now I need to install the four Tenax=C2=A0 fasteners
        and the two twist fasteners on the rear deck. What is the best
        way to drill the holes without chipping or scratching my
        beautiful Speedwell Blue paint job? Is there any place that has
        the location dimensions for the holes or does it not matter as
        long as they line up with the holes I will put in the tonneau?.
        Once I decide the locations should I mark them on and then drill
        through masking tape? Center punch lightly? Drill a small hole
        and then enlarge it? Any other considerations or tips?<br>
        All opinions are greatly appreciated.<br>
        Bob Spruck<br>
        Sharpsburg, GA<br>
        &#39;67 Midget vintage racer<br>
        &#39;72 Midget still awaiting its second restoration<br>
        &#39;61 (?) Bugeye restored, needing minor attention<br>
        6+ parts cars in my MG hospice <br>

//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/grunthaner@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/o=
ptions/spridgets/grunthaner@gmail.com</a><br>
ss=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&qu=
ot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br>=

--001a1140f5d2c84bac051415985f--

--===============7766980049193568446==

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive