Re: [Spridgets] Drum Brake to Disc Brake Conversion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Drum Brake to Disc Brake Conversion
From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 13:49:03 GMT
Full-name: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
The steering arms and the tie rod ends do not need to be changed, but it is
best (for the braking) to change the master over to the 3/4" from the 7/8" used
for the drum brakes. Take a look at Gerard's website (gerardsgarage.com), He
has the whole shebang lined out in his Tech/Mods section.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward

Now that I am also a Bugeye owner, I've acquired a whole new set of
acquaintances. A guy I met at the Atlanta British Car Day Show yesterday
is interested in converting his disc wheeled Bugeye from  drum brakes to
disc brakes. All my square body parts cars are disc brake equipped so I
will give him the parts  he needs.

I am sure many of you have done this conversion and can tell us what
parts are needed. My understanding is that the A-arm, kingpin, axle,
steering arm, and tie rod are the same on a drum brake Bugeye and a disc
brake square body and all he needs are the hub, caliper, and rotor. Can
anyone confirm or correct that understanding? Can you point us to any
tech literature/ instructions, etc that will help? Of course, he will
rebuild the calipers, and install new bearings, braided hydraulic hoses,
rotors, and pads.

Bob Spruck
Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/554a1c4124b6d1c41057cst04duc

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive