Re: [Spridgets] Carb Cable

To: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Carb Cable
From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 10:42:16 -0400
Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>

--001a1144bc7691445405201aa788

List,
Cool idea Brad, I picked up a spring like hose bender for my Sprite cooling
hose when I didn't have time to wait to order a new one. It is for the hose
connected to the cute little valve on my engine which I'd have to look up
and eventually replace but for now this still works and I'm still driving
my cute little Spridget. . The bender is called a unicoil-hose spring, see
below.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Garage-Sale-Gates-28515-Unicoil-Hose-Spring-5-8-OD-Hose,9307.html

Thanks Brad and all the Spridgiteers who make repairs to our LBC's, always
thinking WWFD.
Lin

62 California Sprite "Pinky"

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--001a1144bc7691445405201aa788

hose bender for my Sprite cooling hose when I didn&#39;t have time to wait =
to order a new one. It is for the hose connected to the cute little valve o=
n my engine which I&#39;d have to look up and eventually replace but for no=
w this still works and I&#39;m still driving my cute little Spridget. . The=
il-Hose-Spring-5-8-OD-Hose,9307.html">http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Garage-=
=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 1:0=
0 PM, Brad Fornal via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spr=
idgets@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
div><div>I am getting ready to retune my carbs, and noticed my &quot;improv=
ement&quot; to the cable routing. I don&#39;t recall if I had shared it to =
the lists or not, so here goes, possibly a second time.<br></div>I had a pr=
oblem with my original cable hitting the inside of the bonnet, as well as b=
inding up, going under the front wing, to get to the opening in the footwel=
l. This would not be an issue for those with a RHD car. <br></div>What I di=
d, was get two of the brake elbows, found on almost EVERY Wal Mart/China bi=
ke out in this world. It is made of aluminium, and lined with Teflon, or so=
mething similar. I put it at the end of each cable, effectively reducing th=
e arch at both ends, and reducing the friction, for pedal pressure. <br></d=
iv>If you don&#39;t happen to have one of these elbows, perhaps you can go =
to your local scrap metal yard, and see if they will allow you to go out to=
 their pile, and you KNOW you will find a Chinese bike there somewhere. (Ri=
ght now, Frank is nodding his head in heaven). If you need a photo of what =
I am talking about, I can send you one, just ask. And if you can&#39;t find=
 the elbows, I can try to get to my scrap yard on Fridays, and get what is =
=3D"http://tequilabrad.com/"; target=3D"_blank">http://tequilabrad.com/</a><=
/div>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/grunthaner@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/grunthaner@gmail.com</a><br>
ss=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&qu=
ot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br>=

--001a1144bc7691445405201aa788--

--===============6911952735488318632==

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive