Re: [Spridgets] Today's challenge- cigarette lighter

To: Ryan <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Today's challenge- cigarette lighter
From: Kevin Valentine via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:27:04 -0500

--001a11402cb659b42b0526c9309e

Ryan,

The lighter should be hot all the time.  (Not just when the ignition is on)

Brown wires are unfused and hot all the time.  Purple wires are fused and
hot all the time.  You can use either, but if you use a brown the put in an
inline 20 amp fuse.  Put your choice on the center post of the lighter and
the shell of the lighter gets a good ground.

Kevin
Tuscarora, Pa

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Ryan via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Years ago when I bought the car I disconnect the lighter and harvested the
> wire for the radio. Now i need the lighter to work for my gps and phone.
> But I forgot which wire and where or how it connects to the lighter. Can
> anyone help. I am trying to take full advantage of the 60 + temps today
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/kevinv1275@gmail.com

--001a11402cb659b42b0526c9309e

used and hot all the time.=C2=A0 You can use either, but if you use a brown=
 the put in an inline 20 amp fuse.=C2=A0 Put your choice on the center post=
 of the lighter and the shell of the lighter gets a good ground.</div><div>=
_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Ry=
an via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.te=
am.net" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br=
px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Years ago when I bought the car I disconnec=
t the lighter and harvested the wire for the radio. Now i need the lighter =
to work for my gps and phone. But I forgot which wire and where or how it c=
onnects to the lighter. Can anyone help. I am trying to take full advantage=
 of the 60 + temps today<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
------------------------<br>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=