[Spridgets] Battery disconnect

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Battery disconnect
From: MICHAEL ROWE via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:44:42 -0500 (EST)

--Boundary_(ID_gnSGOgIjU5OlGBmH5/4W9w)

Instructions for working on the gauges of my Toyota say remove the=20
negative battery terminal. =C2=A0This makes no sense to me. =C2=A0It leaves=
 all=20
the hot wires live, so if your tool grounds one of them, it will spark.=20
=C2=A0Removing the positive terminal eliminates this possibility.

Some years ago, I put in a kill switch on the ground terminal, and the=20
car would continue to run when the ground was open. =C2=A0It only prevented=
=20
starting. =C2=A0In fact, this is one of the electrical tests mentioned by=
=20
John Twist. =C2=A0

All of my cars have a disconnect knob on the positive terminal. =C2=A0Do I=
=20
have this backward?
Michael Rowe

--Boundary_(ID_gnSGOgIjU5OlGBmH5/4W9w)

Instructions for working on the gauges of my Toyota say remove the negative
battery terminal. &nbsp;This makes no sense to me. &nbsp;It leaves all the hot
wires live, so if your tool grounds one of them, it will spark. &nbsp;Removing
years ago, I put in a kill switch on the ground terminal, and the car would
continue to run when the ground was open. &nbsp;It only prevented starting.
&nbsp;In fact, this is one of the electrical tests mentioned by John Twist.

--Boundary_(ID_gnSGOgIjU5OlGBmH5/4W9w)--

--===============6113323498494257124==

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6113323498494257124==--