Re: [Spridgets] MG Midget Transmission?? Problem

To: Monty Love <cmlove@knology.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] MG Midget Transmission?? Problem
From: Brad Fornal via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 17:17:47 -0600
Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--001a1134fb4406250a052d19172d

Sounds like a broken half shaft, except for the dying part. It's easier to
start looking at the axle, then to pull the transmission.

--
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/

--001a1134fb4406250a052d19172d

. It&#39;s easier to start looking at the axle, then to pull the transmissi=
ed, Mar 2, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Monty Love via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;=
e=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">My son =
was idling through a shopping center parking lot in first gear.=C2=A0 He le=
ts off of the gas and he feels a small jerk and a small clunking sound.=C2=
=A0 The car will not move under its own power.=C2=A0 It is shifted to what =
we think is neutral, but if you let out the clutch, it dies.=C2=A0 It can b=
e pushed forward or backward easily like it is in neutral, but when you sta=
rt the engine and let out the clutch it dies.=C2=A0 It appears to shift int=
o other gears, but will not move.=C2=A0 Anyone have any ideas what is wrong=
?=C2=A0 We are thinking the tranny is broke, but it seems very weird sympto=
ms.=C2=A0 It is the datsun b210 5 speed.=C2=A0 It has less than 500 miles o=
n the rebuild.=C2=A0 Any thoughts, besides we are screwed.=C2=A0 :-)<br>
------------------------<br>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=