Re: [Spridgets] Question about mating the transmission to the engine

To: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Question about mating the transmission to the engine
From: Kevin Valentine via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 07:35:45 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>

--001a11c36d6a57109c0533082473

Dave,

Check to make sure one of the locating pins is not stuck (or broken off) in
either the tranny or the engine.  Sometimes a pin will stick in the engine
and there is also a second pin in the transmission that would be meant for
the same locating hole.  There can't be two in the same hole ;)  There
should only be one pin for each locating position

Kevin V.
Tuscarora, Pa

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 1:03 AM, David Ambrose via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> We're trying to mate a new transmission to a 1275 engine. After a two
> attempts at assembling the clutch using the clutch pilot, we were able to
> mostly mate the transmission to the engine. There's about 3/8 inch left.
> The transmission isn't going on easily and I'm wondering if we should use
> the bell housing bolts to pull them together or take is all apart again,
> and make another try.
>
> This is a replacement transmission of unknown parentage other than it came
> out of a Midget. I was wondering if the pilot bushing might be a different
> diameter. Were there multiple sizes?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Ambrose
>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/kevinv1275@gmail.com

--001a11c36d6a57109c0533082473

ating pins is not stuck (or broken off) in either the tranny or the engine.=
=C2=A0 Sometimes a pin will stick in the engine and there is also a second =
pin in the transmission that would be meant for the same locating hole.=C2=
=A0 There can&#39;t be two in the same hole ;) =C2=A0There should only be o=
ail_quote">On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 1:03 AM, David Ambrose via Spridgets <sp=
an dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_b=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex"><br>
We&#39;re trying to mate a new transmission to a 1275 engine. After a two a=
ttempts at assembling the clutch using the clutch pilot, we were able to mo=
stly mate the transmission to the engine. There&#39;s about 3/8 inch left. =
The transmission isn&#39;t going on easily and I&#39;m wondering if we shou=
ld use the bell housing bolts to pull them together or take is all apart ag=
ain, and make another try.<br>
This is a replacement transmission of unknown parentage other than it came =
out of a Midget. I was wondering if the pilot bushing might be a different =
diameter. Were there multiple sizes?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Dave Ambrose<br>
------------------------<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>