[Spridgets] Axle seal failure / wheel cylinder failure

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Axle seal failure / wheel cylinder failure
From: Lester Ewing via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 18:30:31 -0500
Good Afternoon all,

So there I was cleaning all the gunk off the drum and springs and it hit me, is
the fluid I am cleaning off brake fluid (Silicone) or is it diff oil?  Itâ??s
rained a bunch here so I canâ??t smell anything on the ground.  Externally, the
signs would be the same right:  Fluid trail down tire, gunk all inside of drum
and all over shoes.  I didnâ??t get that sulphur smell but I may have put
synthetic oil in the diff a decade ago or so when I cleaned things up.  I do
not recall changing the seals .

Last data point, the car has been sitting for about 2 years while I try to make
it â??betterâ??.

All thoughts and input accepted.

Lester

spridgets@autox.team.net