[Spridgets] 1275 dipstick?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] 1275 dipstick?
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 14:32:41 -0500
Cc: "EasternOshitGroup@groups.io" <EasternOshitGroup@groups.io>

----_com.lge.email_1905797291416010
   charset=utf-8

I have a dipstick curiosity.I think every 1275 I remember had a plastic tube
stuck into the block which the dipstick went into.  The 1275 I have here has a
brass piece ( it falls out , but it is machined to fit into the block) instead
of the plastic tube and someone changed the marks on the dipstick.  I can
eventualy mark a dipstick with proper marks once I have an assembled motor with
the right amount of oil in the sump.  If the brass piece I have is a correct
piece from a year I'm not familiar with .. Ok I will use it.  But I can not
trust the dipstick to be correct.So, if anyone has one of these types in their
1275 could you please send me the measurement from the step on the dipstick (
where it stops going into the brass tube) down to the scribed " full" mark?  I
would appreciate this before I go through cleaning up what I have and
fabricating a hold down to retain it at speed.  Thank you!ChuckI really am
going to finish this car!( at times I thought it was going to finish me!) Sent
from my LG Mobile
----_com.lge.email_1905797291416010
   charset=utf-8

</head>
curiosity.</div><div dir="auto">I think every 1275 I remember had a plastic
tube stuck into the block which the dipstick went into.&nbsp; The 1275 I have
here has a brass piece ( it falls out , but it is machined to fit into the
block) instead of the plastic tube and someone changed the marks on the
dipstick.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">I can eventualy mark a dipstick with
proper marks once I have an assembled motor with the right amount of oil in the
sump.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">If the brass piece I have is a correct
piece from a year I'm not familiar with .. Ok I will use it.&nbsp; But I can
not trust the dipstick to be correct.</div><div dir="auto">So, if anyone has
one of these types in their 1275 could you please send me the measurement from
the step on the dipstick ( where it stops going into the brass tube) down to
the scribed " full" mark?&nbsp; I would appreciate this before I go through
cleaning up what I have and fabricating a hold down to retain it at
dir="auto">Chuck</div><div dir="auto">I really am going to finish this
car!</div><div dir="auto">( at times I thought it was going to finish

----_com.lge.email_1905797291416010--

--===============8501981491784202892==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============8501981491784202892==--