[Spridgets] Not Healey, but Related

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Not Healey, but Related
From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 21:35:20 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_453974_952424830.1610314520163

I went to In N Out for lunch today in my 1969 MGB GT.=C2=A0 The line was ve=
ry long so I had to inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a few m=
inutes in between.=C2=A0 The fuel pump started pumping furiously like I was=
 running out of gas while stopped halfway through the line.=C2=A0 The car w=
as still running.=C2=A0 I got up to the first window to pay and the idle dr=
opped to less than 500 rpm.=C2=A0 In a minute or so later the engine just q=
uit.=C2=A0 There is over a half tank of gas in the car.=C2=A0 I tried start=
ing it several times, but it would just fire and die.=C2=A0 After several a=
ttempts the car started again, all the while the fuel pump was going like m=
ad.=C2=A0 After getting out of the line the fuel pump slowed down like norm=
al and you did not hear it after what I assume was a full float bowl.=C2=A0=
 No issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.=C2=A0 Does that sound like my fuel =
pump is going out or the tank pickup is clogged?Mike MacLean

------=_Part_453974_952424830.1610314520163

new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir="ltr"
data-setdir="false"><span>I went to In N Out for lunch today in my 1969 MGB
GT.&nbsp; The line was very long so I had to
inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a few minutes in
between.&nbsp; The fuel pump started pumping furiously like I was
 running out of gas while stopped halfway through the line.&nbsp; The car was
 still running.&nbsp; I got up to the first window to pay and the idle
dropped to less than 500 rpm.&nbsp; In a minute or so later the engine just
quit.&nbsp; There is over a half tank of gas in the car.&nbsp; I tried starting
it
 several times, but it would just fire and die.&nbsp; After several attempts
the car started again, all the while the fuel pump was going like mad.&nbsp;
After getting out of the line the fuel pump slowed down like normal and
you did not hear it after what I assume was a full float bowl.&nbsp; No
issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.&nbsp; Does that sound like my fuel pump
is going out or the tank pickup is clogged?</span></div><div dir="ltr"
------=_Part_453974_952424830.1610314520163--

--===============4435582101935149602==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============4435582101935149602==--