Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Hood (Convertible top)

To: Michael MacLean <springer.mike51@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Hood (Convertible top)
From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:16:05 -0400
Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--000000000000f4da4b05cc92cdff

Michael,
Have you tried an antique car canvas shop? I have a guy near me who is a
master vintage car canvas expert who makes tops by hand and I'll have him
fit mine (needs the snaps installed) as I just know my limits. I hired him
to install the seals in my side screens. Maybe you can find a guy who can
improve yours before buying another.
Linda

62 California deep pink Sprite "Pinky"

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--000000000000f4da4b05cc92cdff

have a guy near me who is a master vintage car canvas expert who makes tops=
 by hand and I&#39;ll have him fit mine (needs the snaps installed) as I ju=
st know my limits. I hired him to install the seals in my side screens. May=
be you can find a guy who can improve yours before buying another.</div><di=
te"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 12:48 PM =
Michael MacLean via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.ne=
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-l=
eft-style:solid;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div d=
ir=3D"auto">Has anyone bought a convertible top for their Bugeye recently?=
=C2=A0 About 15 years ago I bought a top from Little British Car Company fo=
r my 60 Bugeye. They get their tops from a manufacturer in the UK.=C2=A0 Af=
ter installation the front top bow, when extended, did not fit in the &quot=
;pocket&quot; sewn in the top making the it loose and look deflated.=C2=A0 =
See the pictures below.=C2=A0 One picture shows the top looking deflated wi=
th the front bow fully extended.=C2=A0 The other picture shows the front bo=
w pulled back a little positioning it in the sewn fold (pocket).=C2=A0 If t=
he pocket is under tension, the front bow will pop our place when I hit a b=
ump or pothole in the road.=C2=A0 Then the top becomes loose and flaps in t=
he wind.=C2=A0 In the past when I canvassed this list the top bows extended=
 measured out the same as everyone else&#39;s.=C2=A0 I recently bought a Ro=
bbins top from Moss and could not fit it.=C2=A0 No matter if it sat in the =
sun for a while to relax the vinyl or not, it was too small.=C2=A0 I could =
not even get close to getting the front bar under the windshield lip with t=
he front bow folded back and the top bows retracted into themselves on both=
 sides to relieve tension.=C2=A0 The top was a full inch to inch and a half=
 away from the top of the windshield.=C2=A0 =C2=A0It leaves me wondering wh=
ere to get a correct fitting top now.=C2=A0 Where did you buy your last top=
------------------------<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=C2=A0 <a=
 href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
ets/grunthaner@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/grunthaner@gmail.com</a><br>
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small"=

--===============0567129471253008918==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============0567129471253008918==--