[Spridgets] Break pedal?

To: Spridgets Net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Break pedal?
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 21:27:13 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_779600_1652693807.1642714033000

Ok..ok...OK!QUIET ENOUGH...First my Bugeye has a 7/8" O.E. master cylinder =
with front disc brakes.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Sintered iorn ( honest to god Ceremetal=
lic 60 year old lining!) rear shoes.=C2=A0Additionally it's a rib case with=
 1275 slave cyl..I have had & still have a great pedal pressure with no sur=
prises and am using DOT 6 Silicone fluid.=C2=A0=C2=A0All that useless rambl=
ing , the car has pretty darn good btakes and clutch actuation.=C2=A0 =C2=
=A0Yes it's not a 5 speed with a Datsun clutch.=C2=A0=C2=A0But!=C2=A0 Where=
 I AM going is this.=C2=A0 =C2=A0About 10 years ago I completely reconstruc=
ted a 1969 Elden PH10 Formula Ford from a bare frame up.=C2=A0 The 2 brake =
master cylinders & clutch master cylinder had to be replaced.=C2=A0 There w=
as a serious pedal feel to brake response and another odd ball " the clutch=
 always felt funny" stated by its owner.=C2=A0 The car was started ( disass=
embly) years before I inherited the project.=C2=A0 Parts were lost and hydr=
aulics corroded , that said I had to replace missing master cylinders.=C2=
=A0 I am not very good at the math in determining the volume of a cylinder =
relative to the volume being moved in another cylinder to increase or decre=
ase pedal pressure and also determine pedal travel ( which kinda has a lot =
of where the push rod attached to the pedal relative to the pedal pivot poi=
nt).=C2=A0 =C2=A0There is / are a lot of available tables to do the " how b=
ig moves how much" calculations.=C2=A0 Yes and pedal free play at master cy=
linder piston at rest also effects the efficiency of the operation.One last=
 " this might help" thing!=C2=A0 =C2=A0As far as rear drum brakes go , full=
y apply the emergency brake when bleeding the brakes.=C2=A0 Ot does not rep=
lace fully adjusting the shoes!=C2=A0 It simply removes the possibility tha=
t it's a poor rear show adjustment question.=C2=A0=C2=A0So?=C2=A0 Ummm...ne=
xt?Chuck

------=_Part_779600_1652693807.1642714033000

=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px=
s a 7/8" O.E. master cylinder with front disc brakes.&nbsp; &nbsp;Sintered =
iorn ( honest to god Ceremetallic 60 year old lining!) rear shoes.&nbsp;</d=
 had &amp; still have a great pedal pressure with no surprises and am using=
 DOT 6 Silicone fluid.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>All that useless rambling , th=
e car has pretty darn good btakes and clutch actuation.&nbsp; &nbsp;Yes it'=
s not a 5 speed with a Datsun clutch.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>But!&nbsp; Wher=
e I AM going is this.&nbsp; &nbsp;About 10 years ago I completely reconstru=
cted a 1969 Elden PH10 Formula Ford from a bare frame up.&nbsp; The 2 brake=
 master cylinders &amp; clutch master cylinder had to be replaced.&nbsp; Th=
ere was a serious pedal feel to brake response and another odd ball " the c=
lutch always felt funny" stated by its owner.&nbsp; The car was started ( d=
isassembly) years before I inherited the project.&nbsp; Parts were lost and=
 hydraulics corroded , that said I had to replace missing master cylinders.=
&nbsp; I am not very good at the math in determining the volume of a cylind=
er relative to the volume being moved in another cylinder to increase or de=
crease pedal pressure and also determine pedal travel ( which kinda has a l=
ot of where the push rod attached to the pedal relative to the pedal pivot =
point).&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div>There is / are a lot of available tables to =
do the " how big moves how much" calculations.&nbsp; Yes and pedal free pla=
y at master cylinder piston at rest also effects the efficiency of the oper=
ation.</div><div>One last " this might help" thing!&nbsp; &nbsp;As far as r=
ear drum brakes go , fully apply the emergency brake when bleeding the brak=
es.&nbsp; Ot does not replace fully adjusting the shoes!&nbsp; It simply re=
moves the possibility that it's a poor rear show adjustment question.&nbsp;=
------=_Part_779600_1652693807.1642714033000--

--===============3299496807821986565==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============3299496807821986565==--