[Spridgets] Bugeye starter pull cable

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye starter pull cable
From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 16:26:52 -0800

--000000000000f329b105d6d5d703

Does anyone have an original Bugeye type starter pull cable that they would
like to sell?  Recently the original cable in my Bugeye that had been in
the car since 1960 was damaged.  The brown wire coming off the negative
post has an eyelet connector with a small bolt where the wire continues to
the voltage regulator.  The steel wound casing of the original starter
cable contacted that eyelet/bolt connection and instantly grounded out to
the body.  Just like a welder it cut the cable and wound sheath in half.  I
bought an original style starter pull cable from Moss.  To their credit it
is a close copy of the original with an engraved "S" on a correctly shaped
knob.  Only one problem, it is about a half inch too short.  Right now I
have it installed, but the braided wire cable is just screwed down in the
steel connector by the very edge of the wire.  The same for the solenoid
shaft on the other end of the steel connector.  I kind of doubt buying
another cable from Moss will be any different.  So, looking for an original
pull cable.  Surface condition of the knob is not important.  I can paint
it black and the "S" white like I did for the original that was in the car
and it looked great for the last 22 years.
Mike MacLean

--000000000000f329b105d6d5d703

 cable that they would like to sell?=C2=A0 Recently the original cable in m=
y Bugeye that had been in the car since 1960 was damaged.=C2=A0 The brown w=
ire coming off the negative post has an eyelet connector with a small bolt =
where the wire continues to the voltage regulator.=C2=A0 The steel wound ca=
sing of the original starter cable contacted that eyelet/bolt connection an=
d instantly grounded out to the body.=C2=A0 Just like a welder it cut the c=
able and wound sheath in half.=C2=A0 I bought an original style starter pul=
l cable from Moss.=C2=A0 To their credit it is a close copy of the original=
 with an engraved &quot;S&quot; on a correctly shaped knob.=C2=A0 Only one =
problem, it is about a half inch too short.=C2=A0 Right now I have it insta=
lled, but the braided wire cable is just screwed down in the steel connecto=
r by the very edge of the wire.=C2=A0 The same for the solenoid shaft on th=
e other end of the steel connector.=C2=A0 I kind of doubt buying another ca=
ble from Moss will be any different.=C2=A0 So, looking for an original pull=
 cable.=C2=A0 Surface condition of the knob is not important.=C2=A0 I can p=
aint it black and the &quot;S&quot; white like I did for the original that =
was in the car and it looked great for the last 22 years.</div><div>Mike Ma=

--000000000000f329b105d6d5d703--

--===============0297585020218854707==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============0297585020218854707==--